The Evan Nelms Golf Benefit – 5 year old Leukemia Patient at Memorial
Please help us support Evan Nelms in his fight against cancer. Evan is only 5 years old and this is one of the things we have to make time for, a child’s life.
Click the link below for more information and for the donation form and where to send. God Bless from us at Zunzis.
WJCL ABC28 Jun. 13, 2012. 06:16 PM EST
Zunzi’s famous chicken sandwich, The Conquistador, is now in the running for the title of Best Sandwich in America.
Travel Channel viewers are about to find out something most folks in Savannah have known for a good long while — Zunzi’s makes a killer sandwich.
Back in February, the cable network’s Adam Richman stopped by the primo historic district hole-in-the-wall that’s been making our mouths water for years to film for what would be his new show, “Adam Richman’s Best Sandwich in America,” which coverage on SavannahNow.com prompted the network to announce that afternoon.
Today, the Travel Channel and Zunzi’s sent over a sample batch of Zunzi’s The Conquistador, one of 30 sandwiches Richman has picked to go head-to-head in his new showdown, which will premiere with back-to-back episodes at 9 p.m. June 6. Those two episodes will focus on the Northeast and Gulf Coast regions, but Savannah won’t be far behind.
“It is the most beloved, deliciously versatile invention of all time,” a release from the network reads. “It is … the SANDWICH.
“Using his own BITE SCALE (B=Bread, I=Interior, T=Taste, E=Eating Experience,” the release continues, “Richman samples and judges the three most mouthwatering masterpieces a region has to offer. After naming a regional favorite in 10 geographical locales, each winning sandwich moves to the finals.”
Spoiler alert: The Conquistador is totally delicious, so the other challengers will have their hands full. Its incredible combo of baked chicken breast, homemade hoagie and legendary Zunzi’s sauces is definitely not to be messed with — but these opponents will try their best:
• Austin, Texas — The Noble Pig (beef tongue with smoked green onions)
• Baltimore — Faidley Seafood (crab cake sandwich)
• Chapel Hill, N.C. — Time-Out Restaurant (chicken cheddar biscuit)
• Chicago — The Fifty/50 (The 4-Courser)
• Chicago — Al’s Italian Beef (Al’s Italian beef)
• Detroit — Slow’s Bar-BQ (The Yardbird)
• Driftwood, Texas — The Salt Lick (sliced beef brisket)
• Green Bay, Wis. — Kroll’s (prime rib)
• Los Angeles — JR’s BBQ (pulled pork)
• Minneapolis — Tilia (fish taco)
• Naples, Maine — The Galley (lobster roll)
• Nashville, Tenn. — Mitchell’s Delicatessen (Asian flank steak)
• New Haven, Conn. — Book Trader Cafe (turkey)
• New Orleans — Domilise’s Po-Boy and Bar (shrimp po boy)
• New York — Katz’s Deli (corned beef and pastrami)
• Pittsburgh — Primanti Brothers (cap and egg)
• Philadelphia — DiNic’s (roast pork)
• Phoenix — Los Reyes de la Torta (torta del ray)
• Portland, Or. — Big @ss Sandwiches (roast beef)
• Portland, Or. — Bunk Sandwiches (pork belly Cuban)
• Portsmouth, N.H. — Jumpin’ Jay’s Fish Cafe (crab grilled cheese)
• Richmond, Va. — Blacksheep (The CSS Virginia)
• St. Louis — Crown Candy kitchen (BLT)
• San Diego — Phil’s BBQ (El Toro)
• San Francisco — Wexler’s (pulled lamb)
• Seattle — Salumi (oxtail sandwich)
• Tampa — Aguila Sandwich Shop (media noche)
• Tampa — Skipper’s Smokehouse (grouper reuben)
• Washington — W Hotel (chicken club sandwich)
For more info on Zunzi’s, visit www.zunzis.com.
For more on the show, visit www.travelchannel.com.
Miggs performed some songs off The Miggstape Vol. 1 as well as some new joints at Zunzifest, a live music festival at Zunzi’s restaurant in Savannah, GA. (on the corner of drayton and york – bangin’ food)